Did you know that more than 85% of disputes entrusted to us are solved in a friendly manner before the trial even starts? Even if our lawyers from DS Décarie Lawyers are proud litigators, we always have your best interests at heart. It is the reason why we ensure that a trial in front of a court is used as a last resort and only when a reasonable settlement can’t be obtained. For example, after an attempted negotiation or participation in a friendly settlement conference.
Numbers that speak
We are proud to say that since the firm’s opening in Gatineau, our members have solved thousands of disputes or conflicts, of all kinds, and in all matters. We have participated in hundreds of settlement conferences, negotiations, and have prepared or negotiated close to 1500 transactions agreements.
Delays and costs
Going for one of these methods to solve a conflict might allow you to reduce delays and costs related to the traditional legal process, and benefit from the advantages they offer.
These methods for conflict resolving put you at the heart of the process and make you actors who actually participate in the research of a satisfying solution. However, in some cases, going to court remains the best solution and your litigant lawyers will then be there for you.
The right questions to ask yourself
- Must you maintain a relationship with the person you are in a conflict with?
- What will give you the sense that justice was made?
- Would a monetary judgment against the opposing party be enforceable? Is the opposing party solvent?
- How much are you ready to invest for the legal process?
- Do you want to quickly solve the conflict?
- Do you have a specific reason for needing a fast solution?
- Can a neutral set of eyes help you find a middle ground?
Negotiation is a conflict solving method in which parties and their lawyers undertake a process in order to find a satisfying solution to a conflict. It’s the most used method to solve conflicts.Learn more
Civil and commercial mediation
Mrs Sophie-Anne Décarie from DS Décarie Lawyers is a certified civil and commercial mediator.Learn more